Busbars for electrical appliances
- Conventional busbars from standard sections with powerful press-forming
- Edge-bending to optimise material utilisation
- Precision sheet profiles by water-jet or fibre-laser
- Full range of electrical finishes
- Insulation available as sleeves, thermally bonded laminates, coatings or encapsulation
Solid busbars optimise DC resistance and thermal stability in LF applications but higher frequencies need thinner sheets to minimise inductance and AC resistance.
Compared to copper, the higher resistivity of aluminium can be offset by its greater skin depth penetration. We can assist with thermal and electrical modelling to optimise design parameters.